[Sca-cooks] Salty carrots-from Isabella (lemons)

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Mar 29 06:50:32 PDT 2008

I've always wanted to try the salt preservation, just for fun (and for a few recipes, lol!), but citrus fruit up here is so damned expensive that I'd have to hit a great, and unusual, sale for it to be feasible.  I've got a really dim memory, though, of maybe some of our CA listies giving it a try....
Fruit size differences--that's really interesting.  Maybe a difference in locally grown varieties vs. what is shipped? The only key limes I've ever seen are like slightly over-sized golf balls.  It must be wonderful to live in an area where you've got fresh fruit like that! I still remember the near bliss of eating a grapefruit picked right from my Grandma's tree.....<swoons>
--Maire