[Sca-cooks] I have *got* to come up with a kosher version of this!!!

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 1 08:43:42 PST 2008

Heleen Greenwald wrote:
>   Had to send it... the picture is lovely!
> Phillipa
>

> BECAUSE WE ALWAYS KNEW BLT SANDWICHES  don't really need bread.
>

> http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2008/02/27/bacon-cups/

The trick here is to recreate the tensile strength of bacon without
pork.  Beef just won't do it, it shrinks more when cooked and dried or
I'd suggest a "jerky" process, done over cups.  In layers, it might work
but it will get chewy.

I might think about the process with lamb.  In either case, slice very
thinly and use multiple layers like the last version of the bacon cups did.

"A nice mutton-lettuce-and-tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and
lean, mm mmm...."  Miracle Max

Selene