[Sca-cooks] Food and personality

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:43:35 PST 2008

    Lets not get this subject onto the magpie dilemma. We all know that
if we need the scientific name for a plant we can find in in google. The
question stems from my anthropologist daughter who had to spend some
weeks in the mountains of Nicaragua with a poor family through her
university. She was very lucky because she was given a whole bedroom to
herself, a bed and the family pig who slept under it as apposed to other
students who caught fleas from the children with whom they had to sleep
on floors in neighboring areas. The chickens at daughter's house slept
in the kitchen and the children in the living room. Every morning the
mother went out of the house and scratched the earth to dig up what
beans she could find. Ok?
     Now lets rewind to the Middle Ages look at to my bello friend from
Secilia scratching his earth. Why is he so chilled out eating the same
beans my uptight Philip II specimens of people in Spain are scratching
out of their earth? The peasant in England ate bread and pork fat the
same as the peasant in northern Spain. So what's the difference between
the English diet and that of the Spaniard that affects personality?
    A Chinese friend told me that they have slitted eyes because the eat
so much rice they have trouble going to the bathroom. Yeah. . . , I
guess a life time in such conditions could change a personality. . .
Bye for now,
Suey