[Sca-cooks] Holding cheese goo...

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Thu Mar 6 20:17:57 PST 2008

>I'm having a bit of a get-together this weekend, to watch Mistress
>Hauviette's appearance on Food TV. I'm making some (ok maybe a lot of) food,
>and one dish I wanted to do was cheese goo. ... I was going to use
>Cariadoc's redaction - it's the one I've
>always used.

That's the one I use too.

>However, whenever I've tried to keep it warm for a long time,
>or reheat it, it always separates on me. Still tastes great, but looks
>not-so-nice. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep it presentable for
>company (who will mostly be SCA folk anyways)?
>
>Ilsebet

I also use a crock pot to keep it warm. I've had luck reheating it in
a croc pot at least one more time, often twice, but never three times
(not that it lasts that long usually, but if leftovers do manage to
get home, it's just me, and it's very rich to eat a lot of all at
once). The trick is getting a local prince to beat the hell out of it
when it gets warm again (G). It will come together again, honest, and
taste just as good and look almost as good, as long as it gets beaten
long enough.

Morgana yr Oerfa
--
Wit is educated insolence. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)