[Sca-cooks] Holding cheese goo...

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:53:53 PST 2008

I know I've heard that, to keep melted cheese from separating, it helps if
you put in something acidic like lemon juice. You can't taste it with all
the cheesey flavours, and it's supposed to help a lot. I haven't tried to
keep melted cheese warm for a long time, but when it has separated on me it
was simply not warm enough to stick together. Usually, just putting in a
little bit of white wine and reheating thouroughly while stirring vigorously
works well - at least in a ceramic fondue pot (doesn't work in cast iron
because it sticks to the bottom). But you do have to stir with every bite
(which is also an excuse to thoroughly coat whatever you're dipping in with
cheese) or it ends up burnt at the bottom and congealed on top.