[Sca-cooks] Dame Hauviette on FoodTV

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 05:40:56 PDT 2008

As I understand it, from Hauviette, that's precisely what happened.  The
thing about TGI Fridays was sprung on them at the last minute...not part of
the original deal.  So...they realized that this was the case, so had to
find *something* wrong with it so that it wouldn't win.

It's really too bad.  Another thing was that it wasn't clear when she
originally sent her recipe in that she would be portrayed as an amateur cook
which, of course, she isn't.  It's what she does for a living (such as it
is!!).

I also thought it was interesting that hers was probably one of the most
original recipe of any of the ones presented on the program.  The rules,
according to their Web site are that, by entering the recipe, you are
guaranteeing it to be your own original recipe.  I find it very difficult to
believe that some of the ones that were presented were original!

Sigh.

Kiri