[Sca-cooks] rose hip soup

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 08:05:41 PDT 2008

One of the gentle ladies in my home kingdom, I don't believe her to be on this list, was asking about Rose Hip Soup.  Another gentle lady had heard of it, and I believe she discussed it as a 'cold fruit soup.  The concept was discussed to be of a period 'Viking' food, and the other lady disucssed having same in Swedish, and described it as a little slice of heaven, but it was a modern dish (she indicated she had seen it prepared from a packet "Like onion soup mix" but that she had "never seen it in the US".  Given that I have never heard of such a thing, I commenced to wondering ...

Anyone on this wonderfully knowlegable list every hear of Rose Hip soup?  Know how it is prepared?  Is it also a period food?  Are there differences between the period verion and the modern one?

How may we help these two wonderful women?
Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.