[Sca-cooks] Intro and Newbie question - estimating meat portions

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 12 08:46:41 PDT 2008

I usually use the weight of the raw meat for base calculations and fudge
some when bone is involved.  Whole birds of 2 to 3 pounds tend to be a table
serving for me, smaller ones are apportioned to one to four people, larger
ones serve multiple tables.  Under normal circumstances, I try to avoid
whole birds completely.

Bear