[Sca-cooks] BAD sources for historical cooks

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Thu Mar 13 07:27:16 PDT 2008

That's the one! (although I acquired mine through my mother, who got it at some sort of discard sale at the local library).
There are actually some pretty good, basic recipes in the other areas of the book, as well as some stuff that looks clearly more suited for the 50s/early 60s, style-wise.  I think that's one of the reasons that what she does with some of the stuff in the historical section is so laughable...
--Maire