[Sca-cooks] A curious question about the rotted meat mythos

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 13 13:39:58 PDT 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Nick Sasso wrote:

> I think it was Ras (a former strong-willed member of this community)
> who 1st
> proclaimed to me that we need to experiement with our theories and
> see what
> they actually come out like when the food is cooked/prepared to our
> theory.

Good old Ras! One of my more treasured memories of life in the SCA is
having this little Santa-Claus-looking guy come up to me at an event
and gleefully offer me a taste of bear heart in yellow pepper sauce,
and later, seeing the look on his face when I presented him with a
copy the 19th-century English dietary tract, "Why Not Eat Insects?"

I'll say one thing for Ras. He is definitely not normal ;-). I hope
he's doing well, wherever he is.

Adamantius