[Sca-cooks] East European sources (was Re: BAD sources for historical cooks

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Mar 13 15:50:03 PDT 2008

>I have an interest in finding out more about the cooking of the
>northern and eastern regions of Europe. Poland and Russia in particular.
>
>I was hoping this book might prove to be useful.

It might be useful, just not as useful as it should have been.

I'm going to try to get it from ILL.   We are talking about doing a Polish/Hungarian feast next fall.    I've been looking at the sources in the Florilegium. And there are recipes in Rumpolt that are labeled as Hungarian.  Any other suggestions?

Ranvaig