[Sca-cooks] Terry Nutter's article was A curious question about the rotted meat mythos

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Mar 13 16:45:50 PDT 2008

Thanks for posting this. I always feel funny about posting Terry's stuff
myself
since I ended up completing the Concordance which started out as her
project.
That's why I wanted to find a link back again. (It actually can be done
as I discovered after
about an hour of playing around this am but it's all too complicated to
go into.)

Terry Nutter for those that are new to SCA Cooks was a member of this
list and wrote
articles on food history. She was an associate professor in computer
science and lived
in a number of kingdoms while working on her degrees and in her field.
She died of a heart attack in June 2001 at the age of 50.

This brings up the point-- does anyone have copies of her written booklets?
She did 2, perhaps 3, dating from 1996 or 1997.
The "little book" is called "A Beginner's Book of Meal Planning for the
Current Middle Ages".
There was also a second edition announced.
The "big book" was called "A Beginner's Book of Receipts for the Current
Middle Ages: Twenty-Five Recipes from England and France in the 14th and
15th Centuries."

Anyone know who would have these?

Johnnae