[Sca-cooks] Curious about a spice.

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 14 11:09:20 PDT 2008

What you may have are corms.  Corms are a small bulb-like part of the
underground stem of crocus and gladiolus.  The are the portion of Crocus
sativa that is used to seed the fields and propogate the plant.  Corms range
in size from 1 to 20 grams, but anything under 6 grams is discarded as being
too small to produce saffron.  If the husk is still on, they'll look like
super-small tan garlic bulbs.

Bear