[Sca-cooks] Replacing a pan...from Isabella

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:46:26 PDT 2008

A good cast iron frying pan is on the one of these days list, definitely. My
grandmother had some but my mother gave them away without asking me,
something that still upsets me years later. But definitely one day.
Maybe I just got a bad Calphalon pan-we've got a medium sized pot and a
small stock pot that are working okay, but we don't use them as often. The
Farberware is a delight to work with, I must say. Bought it on the
recommendation of America's Test Kitchen on PBS.
Cast iron would definitely make the concussion rule by a fair margin,
though...
Isabella
PS been meaning to check out our local restaurant suppliers anyway, as I
have yet to find some good sheet pans retail. Also want to see what they
have in knives, and I am jonesing for one of those _really big_ stone mortar
and pestles, too!

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine