[Sca-cooks] Good Basic Cooking References

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Mar 18 09:18:00 PDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Kathleen A Roberts wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:59:36 -0700
>  Lilinah <lilinah at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>  So i'd like to have some good basic cooking
>> reference books
>> to recommend. Please, something still available and not
>> to expensive
>> or obscure.
>
> the settlement cookbook.  i have worn two out already.
> it's available at amazon for a variety of prices and
> conditions.
>
> cailte

I'll second that recommendation. I own the New Basics cookbook, the Joy of
Cooking, various and sundry Betty Crocker and Better Homes and Gardens
basic cookbooks, but the one I invariably turn to is the Settlement
cookbook. Mine is a newish edition that was on remainder at Borders or
something along those lines.

That said, there's inevitably something that I have to turn to the mighty
power of teh Intarwebz for. ;-)

YIS,

Margaret FitzWilliam