[Sca-cooks] Ahem, Was Above/Below the Salt was Greetings

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 20 06:25:54 PDT 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 12:07 AM, margaret wrote:

>> Ahem....oh, Bear (bats eyelashes winningly) when you are through
>> with your
>> planning of wedding reception munchies
>> would you mind terribly taking a few moments to write me offlist
>> and share
>> some of those recipes with me?
>> My wedding is in June and though it is pot luck, I still have to
>> provide
>> some munchies along with the entree, which is wild pig.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Sabina
>
> He doesn't have time as yet but I got a sample of some Tapinadas
> (sp) he is
> making. So far they are barbecue meat and ham and cheese. Both very
> good.
> Keep on encouraging him but watch those eyelashes.
> Margarite

By any chance are these empanadas (which are usually some sort of
filled turnover-type pastry)? As opposed to tapenade, which is a
Mediterranean olive/anchovy condiment, while either could conceivably
appear as part of a tapas spread at a Spanish wine bar -- but then, so
could barbecued meat, and ham and cheese ;-)...

Adamantius