[Sca-cooks] Cleaning plastic and wooden cutting boards

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 09:25:46 PDT 2008

Recently I changed the way I manage cutting boards.  I keep one plastic board for meat and one plastic board for everything else.  Meat usually takes a lot more cutting to get the job done, so it gets beat up fairly quickly.  Both plastic ones go in the dishwasher.  I don't generally worry about stains, the dishwasher gets most of the stains off ... I am the only one to ever see them anyway.

amusing anecdote warning *** amusing anecdote warning *** amusing anecdote warning

I do have a wood cutting board.  It was made by one of my children as a woodshop project.  It is inch wide inch thick pieces 4 of dark wood and 4 of light wood, 10 inches long, and glued together to form a 8 x 10 inch cutting board with an ornate routered edge.  Unfortunately, the quality of a junior woodworker means the laminating job was ... er ... the result of a junior woodworker working a project for the first time. Shortly, we had a 5 x 10 board and a 3 x 10 board.  I 'lost' the 3 x 10 board but still have the 5 x 10. It is the semi-official bread board.  All bread that gets sliced gets sliced on the wooden cutting board.
warning expired *** warning expired *** warning expired

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia
Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.