[Sca-cooks] Cleaning plastic and wooden cutting boards

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 22 14:48:19 PDT 2008

>>I have found that walnut oil is a better oil for use on wood in food
>>applications.
>
> Just remember that you used it, if you cook for anyone with nut allergies.
> Maybe it cures enough to be safe, but you wouldn't want to find out the
> hard way.
> Olive oil allergies can be an issue too.
>
> Ra

I wouldn't use any nut for that reason.  Of course, I have one person in the
local group that has an anaphylactic reaction to nuts.  It makes me very
cautious about cross contamination.

Another friend has problems with peanuts.  When I whipped up a chocolate
cake with peanut butter cream frostind and chocolate ganache glaze for the
nut allergy's birthday one year, I made a Grand Marnier cake for the peanut
allergy.  Those of us without allergies enjoyed both.

Bear