[Sca-cooks] to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus:

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Mar 24 09:27:54 PDT 2008

At 09:21 AM 3/24/2008, you wrote:
>And more peeps???  you don't HAVE to give up meat for lent you know, unless
>you are Catholic, that is. (Visuallize me in my nuns garb (Sister Mary
>Francis Ruler here, screeching ..."blasphemyyyyyyy...blasphemyyyyyy!")

I'm not Catholic, but my sweetie and I (and a few other people we
know) follow the medieval Lenten fast- as a way of further
understanding the lives and culture of these weird medieval folks
we're learning about. I wasn't eating stockfish and herring for 8
weeks, but fish & chips whenever we went out to eat was bad enough!

>how about shellfish?

Yup. But even shrimp gets boring fast. And most shellfish has butter
or cream-based sauces on it. And tartar sauce is a no-no too.

Usually lose a little weight tho...

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore