[Sca-cooks] to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus:

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Mon Mar 24 18:34:42 PDT 2008

While I didn't participate in my usual Lenten fast this year, I've done it full-bore for several years in the past.  Even Sundays.  I always did end up exploring vegetarian cuisines.  And I ate a fair amount of sushi.
Some year, if I can afford it, I'd like to do 40 days of lentils and stockfish and salt cod and medieval recipes.  I'm so landlocked, though, that fish is pretty prohibitively expensive...
I wouldn't make a good vegan, either, I'm afraid.  I like my honey and milk and cheeseeeeeee (mmmmm!) and butter.   And I almost have more wool and silk in the house than I do books, which is really saying something!
It's an interesting experience, going the whole 40 days by choice.  It can be completely amazing to realize some things about one's relationship with what one eats.....
--Maire