[Sca-cooks] to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus:

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 25 18:10:31 PDT 2008

'lainie wrote:
>Salmon, halibut, cod, steelhead. Shrimp and scallops. I hate the
>smell while cooking, and most of them are no fun without butter or
>other verboten sauces.

Hmmm... are you cooking only SCA-period recipes for your Lenten fast?

If no, i would suggest trying some Southeast Asian recipes, since
they don't use dairy, although some use eggs. And for seasoning they
use things like fish sauce or shrimp paste :-)

If yes, i can't help. I don't miss meat much, being an ex-vegetarian
and mostly eating vegetarian at home. But 40 days without dairy would
have me weeping. I'm a real dairy food freak.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

My LibraryThing