[Sca-cooks] to the tune of the Hallelujah Chorus:

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Mar 28 02:09:56 PDT 2008

James of the Vayle wrote:
>     I know what it is to fast during Lent, but it has been twenty or so
> years, and I have avoided the medieval cooking involved.  Next year I would
> like to  'experience' it.  What did you eat on fridays and Holy Thursday,
> and Easter and the 'i give up for lent'?
>
> James
I ate the same (brown rice, veggies, maybe fish, etc.) because I have
medical issues and can't go so far as actually fasting. I isially give
up chocolate for Lent, in addition to meat/eggs/dairy. Easter morning,
to break the fast I dove into a brunch of ham, eggs, a huge caramel
cinnamon roll 'mit schlag', real milk in my tea. Ooohhh... was GOOD!

'Lainie