[Sca-cooks] Custard

James of the Vayle jamesofthevayle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 20:30:53 PDT 2008

I have cooked with duck eggs.   Custards, creme anglais, ice cream,
cakes...The duck egg versions are always quite a bit richer.   Cooking up a
fried duck egg is a  bit too much for my palate, a bit too "eggy" in the
yolk and thicker in the whites, while a thin omelette isn't too bad..

Did a quick search and found this nutrition comparison chart which i found
quite interesting, and explains the eggier flavor, there is more fat and
mineral content which can definetly change the cooking characteristics

http://www.duckeggs.com/duck-egg-nutrition-compare.html

James