[Sca-cooks] Eggs in Lent

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Mar 29 06:46:01 PDT 2008

I'm idly curious...How wide-spread was that custom/tradition of having days off during the Lenten fast? Were there groups of people or cultures that were more strict? Do you have any idea of how the 16th c. Protestant groups handled Lent?
--Maire, trying to distract herself from her head cold and the fact that it bloody *snowed* last night, and it supposed to bloody snow *today!*