[Sca-cooks] Oranges and grapefruits and lemons, o my! was Salty carrots

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sat Mar 29 08:14:15 PDT 2008

Miare:
I'm sure it's a difference in what is shipped-I didn't even know key limes
were shipped out of Florida; they are not that common even in the stores
here and the particular large ones I am thinking of were on a tree in a
friend's yard. You might could get the key lime juice in bottles; this would
probably suffice for a pie.
Here's the grower my folks in West Palm Beach use to ship citrus to out of
state relatives:
http://www.honeybell.com/
We get a box from them at Christmas now too as we are now in North Florida,
where home grown citrus is not as common. They just do oranges, tangerines,
and grapefruit, it seems, but they are very tasty. It's a bit late in the
year now for them, but maybe next year.
It would be lovely to find a mail order source for Meyer lemons, as I've
never seen them in the stores here-but shipping citrus can get a little
squirrely. Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Isabella

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine