[Sca-cooks] 10th cent Welsh foods

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Mar 29 10:46:14 PDT 2008

You should look for early Anglo-Saxon cookery and foods.
Given that the earliest recipe collections are much later than the 900's
you are going to have do a great deal of work in order to have anything
remotely
like a 10th century Welsh feast. The earliest cookbook to be published
in Wales in 19th century.
You might like Bobby Freeman's *Traditional Food from Wales *which was
titled* First Catch
Your Peacock *when released, but it's more traditional than historic for
the earliest
period.

Johnnae
**