[Sca-cooks] Illuminated Meal in Prato Haggadah online

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 31 15:49:16 PDT 2008

On Mar 31, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Sharon Gordon wrote:
> Part of the drawing has been painted.  Can anyone enlarge it enough to
> figure out some of what's on the table?

I tried a couple of things, but with Flash documents the options are
limited. I did a partial screen capture, raised the resolution and
cleaned it up a little with Photoshop, raising the contrast a bit so I
could see the lines a little better:

It looks to me like some empty plates (which may well not be or have
been empty, they may just look empty now), some bowls of an
unidentified dark substance, and two slightly faded but still
reasonably clear forequarters of what looks like lamb. Which, in a
Haggadah, would seem to make some sense. They've got rounded contours
except for one sharp, right-angled corner and two slightly less right-
angled corners, and out of the one rounded corner is seen protruding a
shank-like joint...

If you go to a butcher and ask him to show you a lamb or a veal
shoulder, that's pretty much what it looks like...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter