[Sca-cooks] German Breads

aldyth at aol.com aldyth at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 18:53:17 PDT 2008

As far as the starter goes, I have had great success with warm whole milk, or cream, and expecially goats milk.? The more fat there is in the milk, even the milk in the bread recipe itself, the smoother the bread is. Sourdoughs get their unique flavors from the lactobacilli interacting with the wild yeasts in the area they "start" in.? I think the type of milk used, and in modern times just how much it is processed have a great impact on the flavor too.

Aldyth