[Sca-cooks] Translations - re Old French Ailliee or whatver

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri May 2 04:39:11 PDT 2008

And in my case I was just supplying a place to find what
Master A asked for when on 5/1 at 7:33 PM

"Anybody gots a copy of "Opusculum de Saporibus" handy??? I could have
sworn I had a pdf, but it looks like I may have to go ransacking

through the stacks of smudgy photocopies..."

Adamantius

This version that Thomas provides is online and available.

Many of us probably have paper copies of "A Mediaeval Sauce-Book" by
Lynn Thorndike
Speculum, Vol. 9, No. 2 (Apr., 1934), pp. 183-190. That version is on
JSTOR now.

There's another version or paper of course:

Scully, Terence. "The *Opusculum de Saporibus* of Magninus
Mediolanensis." Medium Aevum, v. 54, no. 2, 1986: p. 178-207.

but again it isn't freely online yet. I can't provide a link to that one
or the Lynn Thorndike paper.

Johnnae