[Sca-cooks] SCA dishes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 4 14:16:58 PDT 2008

Michael Gunter wrote:

>> Just don't make those of the other order eat Pelican meat. I hear
>> it's > fishy in a nasty way. A dash of anchovy essence is one
>> thing, a > creature that has fed on anchovies its whole life is
>> quite another.> > Selene
>>
> For some reason I was envisioning a dish for a new Pelican
> as containing fish and blood.
>
> Well, no lunch for me today!
>
> Gunthar

And then 'Lainie piped up with:
<<< I've never made Pelican pie, but we have joked about Pelican
Soup! (the
vigil bath- I've now bathed 2 pelicans, 2 laurels, and one kinniggigt)
Sure smelled like soup- hot water, rosemary, sage, lemon balm, borage,
and rose water and petals. But no, you don't want to drink it- there's
sins in that brew... >>>

Well, since you've expanded this from Pelicans to a larger number of
unusual critters, take a look at this Florilegium file in the
UNCATALOGED section:

SCA-dishes-art    (11K)  4/13/00    "A Guide to making the most out
of the SCA
                                        and its members" by Kim
Huett. (humor)
http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/SCA-dishes-humor-art.html