[Sca-cooks] Stefan's Florilegium files for May

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 7 20:29:53 PDT 2008

Greetings to the Gentles of the SCA-Cooks list,

Here is a copy of my monthly Florilegium article for May, detailing
what is new in the Florilegium this month.

If you appreciate the material which is available in the Florilegium,
and you run a website, please consider adding a link to the
Florilegium or any of the sections or files inside it. This will help
others who might also find it useful to find it and make use of it.

Thanks,
    Stefan
-----
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past seventeen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
this information available to others, I have placed this information
in a collection of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an
article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send
it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. A&S documentation
and class handouts will also often work out well.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
In the ANIMALS section:
    Stirrups-hist-art    "A Short History Of Equestrian Stirrups" by
                            The Honorable Lady Maria de Andalusia.
In the ARCHERY section:
    Encourag-Arch-art    "Some Ideas on Encouraging Archery
                            Participation" by Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf.
In the BEVERAGES section:
    Hist-of-Mead-art     "A Brief History of Mead" by Sorcha Prechan.
In the CELEBRATIONS section:
    May-Day-art          "May Anniversaries and Festivals"
                            by THL Johnnae llyn Lewis.
In the FOOD-BOOKS section:
    App-a-Eye-rev-art    A review by Mistress Jadwiga Zajaczkowa of
                            "The Appetite and the Eye:...", edited by
                            C. Anne Wilson.
In the FOOD-MEATS section:
    chck-n-pastry-msg    Chicken recipes cooked or baked in pastry.
In the HERALDRY section:
    SCA-Titles-art       "Personal Titles, Landed Titles, and Styles
                            as Used in the Current Middle Ages"
                            by Detlef von Marburg.
In the PERFORMANCE ARTS section:
    Bardic-Coachg-art    "Bardic Coaching and Networking" by THL
                            Thomas Whitehart.
    Bardic-Swap-art      "Running a Bardic Swap & Shop!" by THL
                            Thomas Whitehart.
In the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
    Hops-Hist-art        "Hops: A Brief History" by Master Rhys
                            Terafan Greydragon.

Here are just a few of the updated files this month.
    breadmaking-msg      Period bread recipes and re-creations.
    cameras-msg          Use of cameras in the SCA.
    caudls-posets-msg    Caudles and Possets. Thickened beverages.
    chicken-msg          Period and SCA chicken recipes.
    dairy-prod-msg       Dairy products. milk, butter, curds, cream.
    fd-Greece-msg        Food of medieval Greece. references.
    fd-Norse-msg         Norse and Viking food.
    feastgear-msg        Obtaining feastgear for use in the SCA.
                            cleaning wooden feastgear.
    gardening-msg        Period and modern gardening techniques.
    movies-msg           Reviews of medieval and ren. movies.
    online-ckbks-msg     Online versions of period cookbooks.
    p-menus-msg          Examples of medieval feast menus.
    P-history-msg        Pennsic history.
    p-swears-msg         Period swears, oaths and insults. euphemisms.
    pickled-foods-msg    Medieval pickled food. recipes.
    spreads-msg          Period spreads for bread. recipes.
    vegetables-msg       Period vegetables. Recipes.
---
Copyright 2008, Mark S. Harris. Permission to reprint in SCA-related
publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left
unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit
the article into limited publication space is allowed.  The article
introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact
info are retained.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas