[Sca-cooks] Recipes with flowers?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 8 19:30:52 PDT 2008

Brangwayna Morgan asked:

<<< We are doing a public demo tomorrow night at an event whose theme is
"Blooming", and I was wondering if people can give me links to any
recipes with
flowers in them.  It will be easier for me to print out links than
look in  books
with such short notice.  Not expecting to have time to actually make
anything.>>>

This file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium has a number of
medieval and traditional recipes using flowers.

cook-flowers-msg  (90K) 12/ 1/06    Cooking with flowers. Medieval
flower dishes
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cook-flowers-msg.html

There is also this article in the FOOD-SWEETS section:
Roses-a-Sugar-art (21K)  7/15/98    "Divers Pretty Things Made Of
Roses & Sugar"
                                        by Mistress Renata Kestryl of
Highwynds.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Roses-a-Sugar-art.html

I hope this is still useful. I get the list via digest and I'm just
now reading this.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas