[Sca-cooks] Need Advice on cookbooks

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri May 9 01:43:44 PDT 2008

Besides the papers and cookbooks, you should also look at the
various dietaries and works on health.
Perhaps you could start with with:
*Eating Right in the Renaissance by Ken Albala
and
**Medieval dietetics: Food and drink in regimen sanitatis literature
from 800 to 1400 by Adamson
*
Both will lead you into that literature and what it has to say on sauces.*

Johnnae
*