[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Platina's turnips

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue May 13 07:49:00 PDT 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Susan Fox wrote:

> Metric to American measurements, perhaps?  This dish doesn't really
> require that kind of precision.  Confectionary, definitely;  Baking,
> usually!  But with this kind of layered dish, you can fling on more
> cheese with wild abandon.  Yay!

I don't have a copy of Master Geoffrey's recipe. Hey, I was just his
apprentice for years... ;-). But it looks as if one possibility might
be that this was cut down in quantity from a larger, feast-sized
recipe. Even 49 turnips seems like an odd number, but maybe that's
just how many they used at one point, and perhaps everything is cut
down by a factor of eight.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter