[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Platina's turnips

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue May 13 10:37:00 PDT 2008

And Johnnae did not mean it for the entire list but was trying to
clarify a couple of points for Sandra's benefit regarding how the recipe
was written. One normally doesn't take butter and measure it by the part
quart.
Nor do you measure one -eighth cups of turnips in such a recipe.
That's a tip-off that the recipe needs to be thought about in terms of
measures.

We get those odd recipe measurements at times on the list due to how the
software
drops /// or halves or quarters and substitutes gooblegook anyway. I
tend to pay attention
to measures and how they come across.

Johnnae