[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News regarding royalty OT OP

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun May 18 10:25:12 PDT 2008

I agree, Kiri. This is part of what I wrote to Sir Donna, former BoD
member, who has moved from An Tir to the Middle. He wrote his views on
why the BoD did what they did.

I get the impression that there's a great
disparity between the BoD point of view, and the average SCAdian's
point of view, from both instances (other instance I'm referring to
being the Pennsic 35 Chirurgeonate Clusterfunction). It seems to me
that the Bod seems
to feel it must govern dispassionately, while the average SCAdian
feels that the BoD should govern as SCAdians are used to being
treated- with compassion, humor, and room for exceptions due to
mitigating circumstances.

And, I think this is, in a nutshell, the problem. They're finding
themselves in a position of what the feel is power and responsibility,
and treating their fellow SCAdians like miscreants, rather than like
fellow SCAdians who play a game with them.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard