[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News regarding royalty OT OP

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon May 19 07:27:21 PDT 2008

> In defense of the BoD, what happens the next time someone has almost the
> same situation----perhaps not quite as severe a medical emergency?  Will
> the BoD have to review every combat to make sure all is as it should be?
> And, most importantly, was it so critical for this couple to be King and
> Queen that they were willing to circumvent this simple and basic SCA
> requirement, that of membership?

A while back, the BOD asked what it would take to make people
well-disposed to the SCA.inc and the BOD. Unfortunately, as long as they
consider the SCA.Inc and the BOD a governing body rather than a membership
organization, I think they will have trouble getting loyalty for all but
their direct reports. This is the way it works with governing
organizations -- the people they look after are positive toward them, the
people they enforce things on are negative toward them. Generally, you
don't see anything in the BOD minutes censuring an action of a BOD member
or an employee, so, well... people like us feel that the BOD is against
them, rather than protective of them.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net