[Sca-cooks] OK, this is weird ...

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 17:51:31 PDT 2008

Mairi Ceilidh wrote:
>SPOON TEASE!!!
>
>Ummm, recipe please?
>
>Mairi Ceilidh, who things it sounds pretty interesting, too
>

>I was poking around on one of those "Itanglish" Websites that give you
>details about festivals and events off the beaten tourist track in Italy
and
>found a recipe for onion calzones from Puglia.
>
>The filling was fried onions, black olives, sugar, sultanas, and ...
>A spoonful of cherry jam.
>
>I'm half-tempted to try this out. The combination of sweet and savory
>flavors is intriguing.

Sounds good to me too, but honestly, what need of a recipe is there?

Make a basic pizza dough, prepare the onions (slice and caramelize
slowly), pit the olives, mix with the other ingredients, (until it be
enough!) fill and bake.

At least that is what I would do. But then again, I'm not someone who
ever feels the need for a formal recipe for anything and even when I
have one, I often stray from them (yes, even when I am baking).

Dragon

You are absolutely correct.  This is a very simple prep to do without a
recipe.  I seldom actually use recipes, but I do like to take a look at the
original concept to see if they did anything interesting with the obvious.
I collect recipes, whether I use them or not.

Mairi Ceilidh