[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Times perhaps --Dinner at Crown - cancelled

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu May 22 14:00:44 PDT 2008

This news was just released in the Midrealm today.
I suspect it's high costs.
Gas is over $4.09 a gallon uptown today.

  Johnnae

----------- posted 5/22/08----

Feast at Crown Tournament was cancelled due to a serious lack of pre-
registrations.

As Drawbridge required us to use their services, it would have cost
the Barony a total of $1472.05 to run the feast, and we only had 8
*paid* reservations as of today (which was our last day to cancel).

----
What was canceled was:
Adult: $ 25
Child: $ 15
Adult Feast Menu  Tossed Greens served with the Drawbridge's own unique
dressing;Garden Chicken Breast stuffed with Herbed Cream Cheese
served with Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce;Pasta;Mixed Veggies;
Rolls & Butter;Cheesecake;Coffee & Iced Tea

Child Feast Menu:Chicken Fingers;French Fries;Cookie;Milk

As well as the “Top Round Action Station” for both Child and Adult

Please note with regards to feast that this is a feast done by the
Drawbridge Inn’s catering services and these prices reflect our “at
cost” price, and are including gratuity and sales tax. We are required
to give our final count in advance of the event, so please pre-register
your feast so that we know to include you in our final count. (Feast
tickets will be very limited the day-of because of the high cost to the
Barony if they are not sold.)