[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Times perhaps --Dinner at Crown - cancelled

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Thu May 22 14:30:06 PDT 2008

<snip>

>> This news was just released in the Midrealm today.
>> I suspect it's high costs.
>> Gas is over $4.09 a gallon uptown today.
>>

>> Johnnae
>
> Not to sound harsh or that I don't sympathize with Drawbridge,
> but I don't think I would have gotten the feast either. $25 a
> person for what appears to be basic steam table fare put on
> by the hotel?
</snip>

I'm a Midrealmer, and if I was able to attend Crown at the Drawbridge,
I would not buy feast either. The menus in the past have not seemed to
be particularly period-ish, and high priced. The site also apparently
does not want combatants bringing in food/drink for during the
tournament - something that has never impressed me all that well.

While it is unfortunate that feast was canceled, I imagine most will
eat better and more cheaply for it. This is in NO WAY a criticism of
the site staff, btw - I do not envy those who run Kingdom-level
events!

Ilsebet
Shire of Starleaf Gate