[Sca-cooks] siege cooking at outlandish - update

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 27 22:27:34 PDT 2008

<<<  Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
> Agreed. I would have quit too.

i understand there was some consternation amongst the
judges as to the complexity of the competition. 8)

and yes, i did take sunday "off", although i must admit
typing the report, and the much venting of spleen it
incurred, was rather cathartic.  thanks, guys.

cailte >>>

I found the challenges in this contest to be interesting. I think it
added a number of interesting effects and made it less of a direct
take-off of cooking competition TV shows. I think it also opened up
the contest to others than the most experienced cooks. I think many
of the problems can be traced to this being the first event as well
as the organizers being a bit too optimistic.

I think you and your team made a wonderful effort, but I don't blame
you for saying enough is enough.

I would like to hear from the other teams and get their impressions.

Early on in your message I was expecting you to say that the
provisions you had on your "ship" and the kitchen utensils you
brought on board were going to be all you got and that that would be
part of the competition, cooking in the confined environment of your
ship/boat.

On the otherhand, the idea of a wide ranging area over a long time
period reminds me of the 24 hour battles, that might include your
encampment, mentioned in this Florilegium file in the COMBAT section.
battle-ideas-msg  (32K) 10/ 4/95    24 hour battles and other ideas.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com