[Sca-cooks] Coffin Construction

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu May 1 10:11:34 PDT 2008

I still recommend what I did in January

/If one uses a sturdy pastry made with lard and enough flour, you can raise
/>/  pastry case that is strong enough to survive without the need of a pan.
/>/ (This is pastry as container.)
/>/
/>/ Take a look at the Tudor Cooks Blog-- there's a video there plus pictures
/>/
/>/ http://tudorcook.blogspot.com/2007/12/get-back-in-that-kitchen.html
/>/
/>/ Also you might run through Ivan Day's photos and recipes for his various
/>/ pies and pastries.
/>/
/>/ http://www.historicfood.com/Pie%20recipe.htm
/>/
/>/ He has listed a new course in pastry and pie making.
/>/ http://www.historicfood.com/Pie%20Making%20Course.htm
/>/
/>/ Johnnae
/>/ /