[Sca-cooks] countess construction (was coffin construction)

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri May 2 08:30:04 PDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> Doc wrote:
>> --- Louise Smithson <helewyse at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sadly the strawberry leaves are reserved for
>>
>>> Duchesses.  But a bunch of us are trying to work on
>>> here in the mid.  It is simply a question of finding
>>> the right nice, young man to fight for her honor and
>>> win crown tournament (we have some candidates in
>>> mind).
>>>

>> Thus restoring her to her rightful position, and
>> laying the groundwork for the creation of the Empire.
>>
>> - Doc (muahahaha!)
>>

> One of my favorite phrases anymore is "When _I_ am Empress..." Alas,
> this is unlikely to happen to me. :-(
>
> 'Lainie

I never could decide between coronations styled after either the
inauguration scene in "Duck Soup", or with heavy borrowings from both
the Von Sternberg and the BBC versions of _I, Claudius_ ("Well, what
can I say but that I have survived well into middle age with half my
wits while thousands have died with all of theirs intact?").

Probably for the best ;-)...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter