[Sca-cooks] Vegetables and are you all still there?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 12 11:35:00 PDT 2008

> Ah, nothing like leaving out a significant clause. I meant to say:
> While it appears that some New World beans were adopted by Europeans in
> the 16th C. (i'm not sure which ones... Bear? Adamantius? Anyone else?)...
> --
> Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
> the persona formerly known as Anahita

This research paper at the Colonial Williamsburg website is worth looking
over  http://www.history.org/history/CWLand/resrch2.cfm .  It's in the
Gardening > Research area of the site.  There are a number of other plants
covered in other papers.

You might also find Bermejo and Leon's "Neglected Crops from 1492 a
different perspective" of interest.
http://www.fao.org/docrep/t0646e/T0646E00.HTM

Bear