[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Platina's turnips

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 07:31:38 PDT 2008

Maybe so, maybe no.  Some good people prefer to criticize in private, if
indeed criticism this is.

Admittedly she's got a point, those are a bit odd. Was this an
approximation from Metric to American measurements, perhaps?  This dish
doesn't really require that kind of precision.  Confectionary,
definitely;  Baking, usually!  But with this kind of layered dish, you
can fling on more cheese with wild abandon.  Yay!

I would not bother to pre-melt the butter, but to place it in chunks
between layers.  That way, it all gets properly basted instead of
running directly to the bottom.  Mmmmm.

Selene, the occasionally cheesy.