[Sca-cooks] Links from Knife Skills: Creating Feasts for the Eyes

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu May 15 03:38:44 PDT 2008

Thought I should mention that on the online version of this article there
are 11 photos featured in a gallery. Those include close-ups of carving the
flower and pigs done by Saxton Freymann.
There's also a video about carving James Beard's face into a watermelon.

Here are some other links for people and contests mentioned in the article:

Salon of Culinary Art
http://www.societeculinaire.com/salon.html

James Parker-- his company is Veggy Art
http://www.veggyart.com/
see also:
http://www.metrocooking.com/program/profiles/parker.html
http://www.pct.edu/alumni/veggyartgallery.htm

Lots of video and news stories about Hugh McMahon who is known as
the Van Gogh of the Gourd and the Pumpkin Man. Just search under
his name and pumpkin.
See http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/1999/10/27/pumpkincarving/

Jimmy Zhang
http://www.artchef.com/

The Food Network Fantasy Fruit Rematch is on Sunday May 18th.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_cc/episode/0,2495,FOOD_20077_57066,00.html

Well this should satisfy the would be carvers among us for awhile.

Johnna