[Sca-cooks] Midrealm News regarding royalty OT OP

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun May 18 08:12:51 PDT 2008

I understand that there have to be rules.  I also understand that those
rules have to be enforced, especially because there are always those who are
looking for ways around them.  However, I also feel that this situation
reveals a flaw in the way the BoD thinks and acts...and it's a flaw, like
Gunther, that causes me to be concerned about the way the BoD functions.

In this case, we have a situation where three mitigating circumstances
exist:  1)The couple went to the BoD themselves and admitted the problem; 2)
the lapse existed for only 3 days; and 3) there were severe non-SCA
circumstances that caused it...a medical emergency.  I don't see any reason
why the BoD couldn't have looked at these circumstances (and #3 is
definitely a documentable situation) and made a decision to allow this
exception to the rule because of the circumstances.  By not taking this
path, IMHO they have shown how inflexible they can be.  Even in the modern
legal system, exceptions are seen...the person who, because of a very real
threat to their own lives, kills another.  This is referred to as
self-defense, and a murder charge will not be brought...or if it is, it's
usually a lesser charge, and the prosecution has to prove that the
defendant's life was not in danger.

I'm not a citizen of the Middle, so this really isn't my fight.  But it does
concern me because it illustrates the inflexibility and lack of reason that
our governing body seems to possess.

Kiri

--
Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society. This
link<http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276>will