[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Chocolate milk

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon May 19 08:57:26 PDT 2008

--On Monday, May 19, 2008 10:53 AM -0500 Michael Gunter
<countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> That's my feelings about Pennsic Chocolate Milk. It's okay,
> and I may drink some simply as part of Pennsic Tradition.
> But I've found Promised Land Low-Fat Chocolate Milk
> here in Texas to be far superior.
>
> I like chocolate milk but don't drink it very often. And at
> Pennsic I'd rather have non-sweet iced tea, coffee, or
> a good small mead over milk anyway.

I think what caused people to rave about the Pennsic Chocolate milk is not
that it's so much better chocolatewise than anything else out there. It's
that they've never had milk that fresh (it was made and bottled literally
around the corner from Cooper's Lake.  It was different that what most of
the cityfolk are used to, and, I think it may have had a slightly higher
fat content.

toodles, margaret