[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Timesperhaps --Dinner atCrown - cancelled

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 24 06:12:12 PDT 2008

> Antonia Calvo wrote:
>> Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps wrote:
>>>
>>> Here in Tallahassee, premium is up to $4.19, yesterday regular was $3.89
>>> where I went; other places in Florida are more. Definitely an issue for
>>> everybody this summer.
>>
>> *shrug*
>>
>> We just passed NZ$2/l.  That's something over US$6/gallon.
>>

> Ah, you beat me, both in quickness to reply and price.
> It's up to Aus$1.60/l (about US$5.80 / gallon) here...
>
> Margaret/Emma

Don't you need to also consider the differences between Imperial gallons and
U.S. gallons?  I believe New Zealand and Australia measure gasoline in
Imperial gallons which contain slightly more than 3/4 of a liter more than
the U.S. gallon.  If this is the case, then the New Zealand price would be
roughly $5/1 U.S. and the Australian would be $4.83/1 U.S.  That would mean
the prices are roughly equivalent to the prices in California.

Bear