[Sca-cooks] Substitutions... how do we know?

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Wed May 28 11:11:09 PDT 2008

So I am interested in people's interpretation on the end of line 4.

4. Put this to boil for a little with the said chicken, and mix well
with a wooden spoon, and put mixed spices above.

Specifically "and put mixed spices above".

I interpret this, without going back to the original source, as to
"strew" mixed spices "on top" of the dish (above).

Do others think it is put the mixed spices from the previous steps on
the chicken dish?

Also something very interesting about the recipe "unpeeled" almonds
(not blanched).

I think context is huge in this really fun game and a copy of the
original is really necessary to make an educated guess.

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com